Thursday, April 14, 2011

Boys WILL BE boys...and you gotta love 'em

Well this is how he looked right after, but it all started the night before we were to head to Moab for spring break. My boys were downstairs playing and you could hear them wrestling and so to be honest, I tune it out, well all of a sudden I hear a blood curdling scream and run down the stairs and hear Curtis say he's bleeding (at this point still not to worried the boys are ALWAYS getting bloody noses) so then I come around the corner and he is holding his head and there is blood everywhere. So I run to the bathroom-throwing the girls out of the way in the process and grab some toilet paper and rush back to Curtis. So this picture is the end product so scroll and down and see the beginning.
He thought that he looked pretty cool with the head wrap and the camo pj's. He ended up wearing this all week to keep all the dirt and sand out of his wound.
The doctor decided to just do staples and so here we are right after the staples got put in his head. This isn't what hurt, the numbing shot is what really had Curtis hurting, but once it was numb the dr put in the staples and Curtis asked when he was going to start and they were already done-thank heavens!!
Picture quality is not that great, this is at Wee Care and so I am just taking these with my phone. This is the before the dr. came in to have a look, so I took some photos for Curtis to be able to see what it looked like since he couldn't see it.
GROSS-but I actually kept my cool, mom mode kicked in and I handled it (thank goodness for mom mode, because I HATE stuff like this)
All in all Curtis was quite the trooper, and he loved showing off his staples to everyone!!

No comments: