Thursday, March 17, 2011

Scenery to DIE for....really

Queens Bath
Probably one of the most beautiful and amazing places that I have seen. I have to say that these pictures are NOT FROM ME but from a friend who just happened to be in Kauai the same time we were and I asked for his permission to copy these (I didn't take my camera down to Queens bath when we were there so I didn't have any pictures of this place) plus he has an amazing high tech camera (professional) that takes way better pictures so here ya go!!
In calm seas which we didn't have since it is winter you can swim in this hole and just be right next to the ocean. You can imagine in rough and high seas that the waves would come crashing right down on you. Mind you this is lava rock...need I say more?
This place is truly amazing, and when we were there some locals boys were putting on quite the dare devil act. I will try and explain, but I am sure I won't be able to do it justice. Now on the left hand side of the picture it is a good ways down to the water and they (boys) would jump off head first straight into the water, and then swim across to where the larger waterfall is coming off the rock and stand on a ledge that is there. Now on the right you see a couple of different levels, well they would stand with boogie boards on the top level (right side of pic) and wait for a huge wave to come barrelling in and it would come to the top of the shelf and they would jump out and ride the wave down all the levels. Usually they would disappear we thinking they are dying and then the force of the water would shoot them to the top. Truly amazing, we sat and watched for probably 30-45 minutes. I think the boys like all the "tourists" watching them. I just wish I had taken my camera to record video-oh well I will always remember it.
More of queens bath, just beautiful!
I already posted this from MY camera but when I saw Matt's (guys who's pictures these are) I had to have a copy, I love lighthouses and the way the clouds are in this is just beautiful.
Jon and I didn't go on the helicopter ride well because to be honest 1-it costs way to much for me & 2-I always get sick in little helicopters/planes, so there again couldn't justify paying for it when I know I get sick!
This is a view from the helicopter that both my parents and Matt and his wife went on, and again I just loved this picture. We went along this coast in a boat, but from the air is just breathtaking. This is the Na Pali Coast
Thank you Matt for the amazing pictures!!

1 comment:

M. Drape said...

Are you kidding? I'm honored to be mentioned on the Jon and Amy family blog ;) Isn't Kauai the best!! Can't wait to go back. I'm so jealous of the blue skies you guys had.