Thursday, April 14, 2011

My baby is 4.....

Everyone keeps asking me if I am sad that my last is now 4, and at first it was kind of weird, but not sad, more excited to be moving forward. That is until I came across his pictures of his birth and now I can't believe that my little 3 lb 7 oz baby is 4. It really seems like a blink of the eye and 4 years have just disappeared. Here is where he started, born 8 weeks premature, he only stayed in here for 2 days because he was getting to hot. Good sign for such a small baby, NEVER on oxygen, he was always able to breathe on his own, another good sign! So now all we had to wait for was for him to learn how to suck and eat!
He loved binkies from the beginning, even though it was bigger than his face.
His little hand curled around my finger, I am still in awe that this was MY baby...
Jake was always trying to put his hands in his mouth, but he ended up never sucking his fingers, we were lucky there. So after 2 1/2 weeks we were able to bring him home...a whole 4 lbs 4 ozs of him. He has been a fighter from the day that he was born and still to this day gives us a run for our money...but we wouldn't trade him for the world!!
He went from that little baby to my curly haired, adventurous, fun loving little man.
Since he was born during spring break that means more than likely we will be camping, we got a trailer his first summer and have had one ever since, so his birthdays have been while we are camping. SO this is his birthday:
He loves video games, so we went with a leapster (a little learning while having fun), action figures and being outside. He got some firemen and police action figures to go along with his.....
Firehouse that turns into a backpack so he can take it where ever he goes!!
Happy Birthday Buddy!!
We love you very much...
Since his b-day fell on Saturday this year and we left Wednesday we did his cake when we got home. He is such a simple kid that all he asked for was chocolate cake with green frosting!! I think I hit the nail on the head with this one.
Getting ready to blow out his candles....
huffin and puffin with all of his might....
Enjoying the fruits of his labors!!!
Happy Birthday!!!

2 comments:

Jody said...

What a cute little guy. Love the HuGe Binky.... that is fun to go on vacation during your birthday!!

sbailey27 said...

Wow! I've never seen those pictures of his first few weeks. He's come a long way. You are so blessed with wonderful kids! Happy Birthday, Jake!