Thursday, April 14, 2011

Spring Breakin.....MOAB style

We decided to head to Moab for spring break, hoping for warmer weather-well we didn't find any warmer weather but we still had a great time!
We headed down with my dad, my Uncle Leon, my sister's family and the Drapers (friends of the family-grew up with them)
Bailee's hanging out trying to keep her lunch from blowing away and in the background is my Uncle Leon (dad's brother). We like to pack up our lunches and some snacks and head out and explore with the rangers, jeeps and four wheelers, we love it!!
The boys (Curtis, Hunter & Mason) all found a great place to eat their lunch, and sitting on the rock actually kept you warm!
the 3 musketeers-Bailee, Sage & Kenadee-I am so glad that I live by my sister that our kids could be able to play with each other and to form the bonds that they have with each other. They decided after lunch to hike up the mountain...
Friday was soooooo COLD that we decided that we didn't want to go out riding in that weather so we drove into Canyonlands National Park and Dead Horse Point State Park. SO here is a portion of our group and we were bundled up as much as we could. Here at Dead Horse Point the wind was blowing SO hard it felt like it was going to carry you off the point.
My girls playing games around the fire, at least they were getting along. It is always hit and miss with them.
If you can't tell that is Kenadee all bundled up, and when I say bundled this is what I mean: long sleeve shirt, short sleeve shirt, mittens, hat, fleece jacket & rain jacket. Good thing I planned for bad weather!!
This is all my kids and my sisters kids: left to right-Hunter, Curtis, Bailee, Sage & Kenadee
in the front-Jake, Paxton & Jade and believe it or not, all of these kids get along so well!!
Loving it
How Jake eats a marshmellow, not sure if any got in his mouth!
3 musketeers again, usually if you find one you find them all, and usually coming up with some crazy game!
On the way home, I had to put this picture in because that is part of his birthday present that he got while we were camping. He is our spring break baby, and so when I was asking him what he wanted for his birthday all he kept telling me was to be in the mountains!! Don't know how long that will last, he did ask to go on another zip line like he did for his 3rd birthday, but none around...maybe next year!!
Thanks for all the wonderful memories everyone, we had a great time!!

No comments: