Friday, August 13, 2010

So much to do-in such a short time....week 5 AGAIN

Now it gets into my pictures from my camera-and I took a lot more than my mother! So these pictures are starting at the Polynesian Culture Center THURSDAY night at the night show and go thru Saturday night. We packed a lot into 3 days so be forewarned this is going to be a long post and that is why it is being broken up into two parts. This is part 1 so enjoy.
The PCC has had the same show for years, since the beginning, but don't quote me on that. This last year they changed the night show and at first it was quite the controversy until people saw it, and well lets just say that it is awesome, and this is how it starts: They have 2 huge screens hanging up and it plays bits and pieces of a movie and then goes into the live action.
The show is called HA-Breath of Life, the story is about a family and they have to leave their home and end up having a baby and the story follows this little boy as he grows up and goes to different islands and learns their ways.
They do such an amazing job, the kids really got into it, and that is saying a lot.
This is the "baby" at the beginning that has grown up to be a man and how he has to prove himself.
More wonderful dancing and performing, I just couldn't get enough, and I don't have to. Let me explain, if you can prove that you are living here, residents can get a season pass for $25 and that gets you-free parking, admission cost, and we can go see the night show anytime we want as long as their are tickets available. Great price, to an amazing place.
I took so many pictures of the night show but this is a great way for all of us to remember. I took even more of these amazing firedancers. I could actually watch a whole show of just them. The kids thought that this was the best part also.
In this show they had a lot more fire dancers than last time. It is trully amazing to watch what they can do with fire sticks.
The wedding of the young man, and the girl that he has been trying to impress.
Don't know how they got out of order but the fire dancers were supposed to be all together. This is amazing, really I just can't say enough about it.
More and more!!!!!
and you thought that I was done, but I had to show all six of them doing their thing!!
We had to take grandma to the beach and show her how great our little beach is, and how great the kids have gotten in the water. I love this picture, it was so great to have my mom here for a few days.
Now these are the greatest things ever, we have gone a couple of times to get one. Have you heard of Matsumoto's?!? Apparently anybody whos everybody has heard of these. Well the line at Matsumotos is HUGE and a couple of doors down is a place called AOKI'S and it is exactly the same. Now not only is the shave ice amazing, but their little secret is that they put ice cream in the bottle. The flavors are even more amazing, I could have one of these everyday, but it is about a half hour drive away, so we don't go very often.
On the way, is this beach that the sea turtles love to visit. So on our way back home we saw that the turtles were on the beach so we pulled over and got ourselves a picture of the big turtle. There are sea conservationists on the beach to protect these amazing creatures. So they rope off around them so that you can't get to close to them.
SEA LIFE PARK
Which is a VERY small version of Sea World, but the kids enjoyed it. As you are walking in they have this aquarium here that you walk around and it has tons of fish, sharks (little ones) and sting rays. The kids loved to watch everything.
DOLPHINS-as a kid I had this dream of growing up and being a dolphin trainer, well we all know how well that has worked out and yet again as I was sitting there watching the dolphins I had that same wish. I could move to Hawaii and do this, I really am going to miss this place.
More dolphin tricks! Took a ton of pictures of these beautiful creatures.
Just a few more pictures of the dolphins. Notice in the background...yep that is the ocean. You sit in this stadium, and as you watch the show you get an amazing view of the ocean. View-good show-and a great breeze.
The trainer is surfing on the dolphin!
Beautiful, beautiful-love these animals, one day I will get to swim with these amazing animals.
We kind of had a bad seat, we were right behind this pole, and so I couldn't always get the best shot of the dolphins jumping.
What a bunch of cheese balls, but I had to get them and the ocean behind them. How many kids do you know that get to have this great of a summer. This is an experience that we will never forget. Well maybe Jake, it will be one of those things that as the kids are talking about it or looking at the pictures that he will see himself but probably not remember to much of it.
This dolphin was in a different take and it was closed down, but the trainers still had the dolphins perform it and we just happened to be in the right place at the right time to watch. Just couldn't get very good pictures because of all the construction stuff and poles in the way. Still great to watch.
Last show of the day-the SEA LIONS-now if you are talking about a short show this would be it. We sat and saved our seats, in the shade, longer than the whole show took to put in on. It was only 10 minutes, but it was still a good show. The kids again were laughing and loving it.
This SEA LION was pretending to be on Mission Impossible so it was pretending to be sneaking around.
This sea lion was pretending to be a ballerina!
Just doing her turns, as a pretty ballerina.
SUNSET BEACH-again
We love to go to this beach and play around, and watch the amazing sunsets!
Jon playing some crazy game, with the kids. He always comes up with the greatest games, and the kids just absolutely love to be playing with him,and that he actually will take the time to come and play with us every now and again.
Another beautiful shot!!
Just a different shot with a different setting. I can't decide which one I like better. So I put both!
Pictures are getting out of order, this sea lion is saluting goodbye!
Well stay tuned, for the rest of the week coming up, whenever I get a chance with Jon's computer. Remember I only get this when he is actually home. Which this week hasn't been before 8pm. The big wigs have been here and he has been working a little over time, that is why he is so great at his job, and we love him for it. Well gotta run, I am falling asleep sittin here.

1 comment:

Stef and Rich said...

If I were there I would have swam with the Dolphins with you! I loved it in Mexico and I would do it again in heart beat!! Looks like you guys are having a blast!!