Monday, August 9, 2010

and the FUN keeps rollin' in for another week...wk 5

Well here we are again another week, and only 2 more to go. I really can't believe that it has gone by so fast. We get home in 2 weeks and then the kids have to go to school. This has been the greatest summer that we have ever had or will probably ever have. It has been quite the experience, and one that I wouldn't miss for the world. This is just going to be a sample of this week, these pictures are from my mom's camera, who came to visit us this week. We loved having her here and we really kept her hoppin'. So here it goes:
This is Jake's way of applying sunscreen by the time that he was finished his little face was completely white, and we had to rub it in to get the rest of his face.
We were heading to the PCC (Polynesian Culture Center) so before if opened we (me and the kids) took my mom to Laie Point and it was beautiful. See the rock with the hole in the middle of it? It was created by mother nature on April Fools Day in 1946 when a tsunami literally punched a hole through the island. If you catch the weather and waves right it crashed right thru the middle. On the day that we were there the waves weren't crashing that high. I am going to keep trying.One of the many totem statues in the PCC. Obviously that is not me in the picture that is my mom.
This was my first time to actually tour the PCC. Last year when I came with Jon we did the luau and then the night show, we didn't have time to walk around. We got to make our own fish with a fishing pole, we kind of struggled so the helpful workers at the PCC helped us out. The kids loved these and played with them forever.
I had pretty good luck at making one, but it took me so long that the young ladies helped me because the kids were so impatient. There I am in a picture, I really am here, just behind the camera most of the time.
Playing a musical bamboo rod in one of the countries. The kids actually got to get up on stage and dance with them teaching. It was fun to watch the kids get into the action. Look another picture of me, this is an all time record for me.
Bailee being brave and trying poi or taro I can't remember which one, I am leaning toward poi though. It wasn't very bad, but it didn't have a very good taste, not really a taste at all. It was kind of pasty for me.
I even get in the water and swim, one of Jake's favorite things is to hold onto my hands and jump when a big wave comes. We don't get huge waves, but that is okay with me, when I am swimming with 4 little kids. it was fun to watch my mom swimming with my kids. I don't think that see could believe how good my kids have gotten at handling the waves.
I had to put this one on there, Jake's little suit comes down sometimes when he jumps and my mom caught the moment just right. Yes that is his white little moon showing up. The kids have gotten so dark, but how do you not when you hang out in the sun and water for hours each day?!?
The kids get so sandy and at first before we had a hose we would have to go thru the house and get in the shower to wash off and then all the sand would be...you guessed it, in the house and in the shower. So we got a hose and now I make the kids wash off outside. I even make them take off their suits and wash off then run into the house. It is amazing how much sand is on them and the places that it ends up. Good thing that we have a hose. Good thing that Jake's head is down, or else that would not have been a good picture!
A great family picture of the WIGHT'S at the Sea Life Park. It is a very small version of Sea World, and I mean VERY small. The kids had a great time, there was a dolphin show (only one and VERY short), and a, again, a VERY short sea lion show. Both very good, we were going to swim with the dolphins but you needed one adult for each kid under the age of 9 and I was the only adult that wanted to swim with the dolphins, so it didn't happen. I was bummed, but how do you pick only one child to go swimming with?!? You don't, that is why we didn't get to swim with them.
Trying to keep Jake entertained, so my mom asked him how long he could keep the cup on his head, not for very long, but it was fun to watch him try. This kid has to much energy, but if you can get him to sit still for just a few minutes he's gone.
Well that is week 5 in a nut shell. I took over 1000 pictures so I am still going thru them and will then post again of the pictures that I took. I took some that my mom didn't like of the shows at the PCC and the Sea Life Park. So I will get those on here as soon as I can, I just have to wait for a computer and I only get that when Jon get's home at night. Just a run down of what we did this week with my mom so that I will remember: Mom flew in Wednesday night and we picked her up and brought here to our house then we were all exhausted so we went to bed. Thursday we spent the day at PCC (me, my mom and the kids) during the day and then Jon joined us for the night show. Friday we went to the beach, Haliewa and then Sunset beach to play and watch the sunset, Saturday we went to the Sea Life Park and saw some more sights, then Sunday we went to church and headed towards Pearl Harbor before my mom flew out, we got there to late for the last boat out to the USS Arizona but still saw the movie and went on a drive and saw some great sights, they were all free-we even took all our own food so we wouldn't have to stop and get anything, then we dropped my mom off at the airport that night for her flight and we headed back home. That is our week in a nut shell.

No comments: