Thursday, October 29, 2009

Neighborhood Harvest Party!!

DANCING ANYONE?
My three kids really got into the dancing. It was so great to watch them, even Curtis did it for a little bit. Brandee Francis (neighbor) was teaching this dance to anyone that wanted to join in. Those of us who don't have the knack for dancing just sat and watched in envy to those who do, hence the picture taking!! The neighborhood (ward) put on a great party, we had a chili cookoff, homemade rootbeer, breadsticks, and yummy donuts (don't worry I didn't eat one, I was good), and lots of games with prizes for the kids (who as you can see got to wear there halloween costumes) All in all it was a great party!!

Our great primary president got into it and taught us a dance as well, she's even pregnant and still has rythem-I can't even walk in a straight line if I wanted to.

More of the kids dancing. Curtis has a lot of movement going on-not sure if that is what is supposed to be happening but at least he is having a great time!!

Now this was probably the greatest thing ever. You make paper-yes that's right-paper rockets and then you put them over the white tube looking things, then the kids push a button (that is what Kenadee is doing) and they go flying, and when I say flying it shoots up into the air as tall as a tree and then the rockets float back down. This was Jake's favorite place to hang out, he wanted to keep flying his rocket over and over. (it's attached to a compressor)

My own Jack Sparrow! Complete with all the makeup and the hair! He loves it!!

My little giraffe finally figured out how to get those lips to blow. They are about as big as his face. What a cute little giraffe, and he actually loves to wear his costume, he is always bringing it to me to put it on him!

PADME! With glasses!!

As you can see they all loved these lips that whistled when you blow, couldn't pass up on the great picture opportunity. Even Pricess Fairies love to hear it whistle!

Jake not really understanding the concept of waiting in line for the games, so Jon has got a hand on him so that we don't have a runaway giraffe, or a butting giraffe. Hate to upset all the other creatures at the party! There were some great costumes at the party.


1 comment:

allison said...

Amy-
I hope you don't mind me looking at your blog. I saw Katie this summer and she gave me her blog and of course there is your link so I decided to check out your cute family. I can't believe how much your one daughter looks like you, it is crazy.
Hope all is going well.
Alli