Thursday, February 4, 2010

Our independent little stinker!!!!

Don't let that sweet little innocent smile trick ya-this little man is quite the independent little stinker. I have been trying to potty train, but honestly haven't been that strict about it being he is the baby of the family. Anyway I have been trying to get him to go on the potty but doesn't want to & wants a diaper back on. So VERY early this morning at 4:15am I hear the toilet flush upstairs (not a good sign since we have a bathroom downstairs by all the kids rooms) so I wake up and see the light on in the bathroom, so I go in and guess who I find-yep a little naked man who decided that he needed to go to the bathroom!! Very excited that maybe he is grasping the whole idea of going on the toilet, but not to excited that he decided he wanted to start at 4:15 in the morning. Good news though, he actually woke up with a dry diaper and wanted to go again this morning!! HOPEFULLY by the end of the week we can be diaper free, here's hopin'. I guess I should be happy that he wasn't going thru the cupboards this morning and sneeking into food, but that is a whole other story!

4 comments:

Erin Webster said...

Yay! Good for Jake! I'm with you on the whole 4:15am thing though-yuck.

Jess said...

That is exciting. 4:15 is a wonderful time to decide to start too :) How funny! Good luck this week.

I love your new family picture, BTW! So darling.

Jody said...

Love it!!!So funny.

Shawn said...

Yay! I found your blog! You have such a cute family. It's fun to see keep up with your family through pictures...even though we live 15 seconds away. :)