Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Our Birthday Boy!!

This is where Jake spent the first few days of his life. He was an amazing baby boy, he came out two months early and never ever had to be put on oxygen. He was a little miracle baby.
The binky really shows how small he really was when he was born. He was born at 3 lbs 7 oz. We couldn't believe it. The thing next to his head is his I.V. it was attached to his head at the time.
I got to have the chance to dress him. It felt like dressing a doll, he was so tiny. I felt like I had to be extra careful with him or he would break. He was so tiny. The tube coming out of his nose is how we used to feed him.

Very, very cute baby. He looks a lot like his older brother. When we saw him first, we immediately thought that he looked like the rest of them.
This was my hour of peace. I got to hold him and spend my whole time with just him, no one else to take my time, although it wasn't much time. I only got to be with him for one hour at a time.
We finally 2 1/2 weeks later get to take him home. It was probably one of the happiest days of my life. I never realized how draining not being able to take my baby home from the hospital could be. You miss a lot in the first couple of weeks, not I didn't realize until not being able to have my new baby home. You don't realize how fast life can pass you by. If makes me grateful everyday to be with my children.


This is our great big boy today. He is our 1 year old today, oh how time flies. Look how he has grown.

14 comments:

Erin Webster said...

I can't believe how much he looks like curtis in that last picture! he is so cute! happy birthday jake!!

Laurie said...

Hi Amy, I thought I'd say hi. I think the last time I saw you was right after Bailee was born? Maybe? How sad to lose touch. It's fun to have a way to find people from long ago. Remember sitting in health class together, graduation trip to Powell, or roommates for a semester. It's good to see how you're doing. Cute, cute family. You can peek in on mine.
Laurie (williamsen) Lorenzon

Stef and Rich said...

Cute Blog Sis...looks like you are getting things figured out!!
Happy Birthday Jake!

Kae said...

Hi Amy, Laurie sent me a link to your website. It has been fun to read about your family. Your kids are so cute! I can't believe how fast time has gone. It really has been ages since I talk to you last. If you are ever in Harrison

Kae said...

So part of my message was cute off. Was I wrote was, if you are ever in AZ look me up. Kae (Tadje) Harrison

Alison said...

Amy I am so excited to see your blog page. I have been wondering for a long time how you have been doing. Crazy how fast life goes by. Your kids are adorable and wow I have to say you are looking good as always. I added you to my blog so I could keep in touch. I think the last time I saw you was after Bailee was born. Too long. Yeah excited to catch up.

Bangerter family said...

Happy Birthday Jake! It is weird that a year goes by so fast!

Stott Family 5 said...

Hey Amy, I totally blog-stalk you through your sister Michelle's blog! I have to say that your family is beautiful, and I seriously can't believe that you have four kids!!! Wow, they are so cute, and I can relate to the whole Nicu experience (So can Michelle) I had my First come 5 weeks early and she spent the first two weeks there! Look how big your little boy is now, you would have never guessed it started out so rough! Cute, cute family...you are looking so good, tell me your secret!!

Stott Family 5 said...

I forgot to tell you on my last comment that this is Heidi Lawson, in case you are wondering who that crazy person leaving comments and blog-stalking you...I think that I will add you to mine (if that's okay)!!

Laurie said...

Replying to the comment you left on my blog... I found you by blog surfing. I read a comment on my friend Leslie's and was curious who left it, then I noticed a name on that blog from someone from high school and then another blog, then I saw your sister's blog and got excited and hurried and looked and I saw your name. That's how. Fun stuff.

Amber said...

So glad you commented in my blog so I could find and now "keep track" of you! What a dang cute family you have! I'm so glad things are going well for you and now we know where to find each other :-)!

Alison said...

Hi Amy I thought I would respond to your last on your blog so that you would get it. I do talk to Aspen and Britnee at least once a month. They are both still in Davis County. We should all get together sometime..that would be fun. I can get you email addresses or phone numbers if you want.

Dave & Kelly Webster said...

Happy Birthday Jake!
Isn't it amazing the difference one year can make! From 3lbs to the mover and shaker that he is now!
Love Grandma Webster

Jessie said...

What a sweet boy! He's so darn cute!