Saturday, November 3, 2012

Who's my SUPER STAR?

Every month the elementary has an assembly to recognize students who have excelled at the monthly theme for that month. For Okakopa (October) it was KULEANA (responsibility). I received a letter from Jake's teacher saying that she wanted to pick him for that month, the other kids saw it and were all so excited for him. This is a big deal for this school. Little did the rest of them know that they also were picked by each of their teachers!

Bailee
 Kenadee
 Curtis
 Jake
 All the kids for the month of October
 After the assembly-see I am here!
 It is a tradition to give something to your child when they receive this-some parents go way overboard!! So I got the boys a candy lei

 and the girls some flowers

I had to put this picture because I just thought it was funny. Bailee was the second kid on stage and that was pretty much her expression the whole time, then Kenadee and Curtis came up and you could just tell by their faces how excited they were to be picked. Jake was excited to, but he was last to come on the stage so he wasn't next to the other kids.
I asked Bailee about it after and she just said that so many people were looking at her and she doesn't like that. She doesn't really like to be the center of attention!




No comments: