Friday, July 16, 2010

The FUN keeps comin'-week 2

Well another week has come and gone-almost. I am posting early just in case at the WEBSTER FAMILY REUNION my parents take the computer to show my grandparents. SO here we go! Well first of all it has been a great start to a great week. We went to our first week of church and it was pretty much the same, although at times it was a little hard to understand the speakers-but they (husband and wife) did a great job, and no grandma & grandpa I haven't found the Byrd family yet! The kids all went to their primary classes which compared to our ward is EXTREMELY small. They have one class of every age and that is it. The kids seemed to enjoy primary a lot. Curtis was even asked to give the prayer this coming Sunday in Primary.
Well this picture was from Sunday morning, this is our beach and the tide has been way low this week, which has been nice because then we actually have more of a beach and the kids have really enjoyed that.
All of the kids were so excited for more of a beach this week so that we didn't have to go and find another beach with sand, so that they could play~they love it, I love it (at the beach) it is another story coming home with it in every little crevice of their bodies! This was taken Sunday morning before church so that is why they are not in their swimming suits.Every night when Jon gets home from work the kids immediatly attack him and get him to play soccer with them. Not exactly his favorite sport, but they are all enjoying themselves and actually getting ready for this fall when the three older ones will play!

More SOCCER! When it gets dark they go out into the yard-which is all fenced in-they have been playing GHOST IN THE GRAVEYARD. Jake is a hoot to listen to out there getting scared to death.

Jake getting the hang of kicking the ball, at first all he wanted to do was throw it-wonder where he got that idea from?!?
MONDAY morning when the kids went to check where the water was at they came running back saying that it was low and that we had to get our there. So that is what we did-it is kind of nice not having anywhere that we need to be or run to. So when we got out there they wanted to go and stand of the reef.
WE had to be really careful because there were still spots that were wet and slippery, but it was cool to go out there, and yes we all did it!
You can tell in the next picture how shallow the water really is, because it isn't that deep on Jake and we all know how "tall" he is. Wish that we had water shoes, come of the rocks are really sharp to step on.
Walking back to the beach! The water feels so nice! And yes for all the grandparents-we are going thru sunscreen like it is candy-and yet sometimes we still get a little red.
It has been nice that we have such a great beach so that the kids can learn how to snorkel without all the big waves. They have actually gotten really good at that they even found a home of some great looking fish right here at our own little beach. The girls don't like the big goggles, so thank heavens we brought our smaller Cherry Hill goggles with us. They seem to like those ones better.
I thought that I would get away from all the Hill Air Force base planes, but no! Now we have these helicopters flying over us all day long. I think that they are apache helicopters but I am not entirely sure, I will have to ask my uncle about that. They are pretty amazing to watch when they fly in groups!
He does not seem to be bothered with the sand on him from head (literally) to toe and everywhere in between. I love to watch these kids get to experience something new and exciting like this.
Especially this one-that first day in the water he wasn't to sure about the waves and the salt. This week he has come out of his little shell and sometimes thinks that he is bigger than he really is. Don't worry we all keep a close eye on this one.
My little snorkerlers! Kenadee tried the big goggles but then went to here little ones and they will stay face down in the water forever just swimming back and force and trying to find shells and other crazy knick-knacks.
Jake and I had a contest to see who could bury there feet the deepest. He kept thinking that he was winning-what a cheese ball. But ya gotta love him!
Well one of my babies had a birthday here! and the tragic news about that is that there is NO DICK'S MARKET BAKERY!! So I took Curtis to the grocery store and this is the cake that he picked out. It was actually quite good. It was a chocolate cake with chocolate PUDDING on top. We all seemed to enjoy it, I didn't/couldn't bring myself to buy a 1/2 gallon of ice cream for $5 to go with it. I just couldn't do it!
Here he is getting ready to blow out his candles, these are the only pictures that I have of his birthday because we gave him his present before we left and the pics are on the computer at home. And then here-he got a boogie board, water ping pong and a legos Toy Story 3. The water toys and the legos were from Mary Stauffer (who heard it was his birthday and bought it to us) her husband is here as the painter also working on the temple and they live just 3 doors down. I haven't gotten pictures with those yet! At home he has a brand new bike, tennis racket with balls and some action figures that he did bring with him. We kind of spoiled him because he was supposed to get a friend party and then we moved here. His next big thing is he is still waiting for a gift from my parents to show up in the mail!

We ended up going to the swap meet at the Aloha Stadium, which I thought was pretty nifty but the kids didn't really enjoy it and it was hot, so we didn't stay for very long. I am going to have to go on a Saturday when I can go without the kids. Anyway on our way home we stopped at this great place called the Valley of the Temples-I will summarize it short (because I am getting sleepy) anyway it was built in 1968 to welcome the first Japanese settlers to the islands. It is a replica of a builiding in Japan. It was beautiful, it had a big pond in front and then the amazing mountainside behind it. Absolutely gorgeous.
You could ring the bell before going into the temple and the kids thought that was great. It was an amazing sound.
They all got to ring the bell! There was a beautiful stream on the property that had HUGE koi fish in it.
Once you got inside you could light an incense candle. That lady with us is Mary (painters wife)
VERY large Buddha! It is said to be on of the largest.
The same stream went around the entire property. You could buy fish food for only $1 so needless to say I think we spent $5 on fish food. But the kids loved it because the fish would fight like crazy to get the food. Reminded me of Lake Powell fish at the marine over the ice cream! Except these fish were nicer looking than the carp at Powell.
Jake and Curtis sharing another bag of fish food!
A separte pond with a huge from spitting water into it. I liked this so I got them to sit on it to take a picture.
Another angle of the Temple from the back side. Another tid bit of info on this temple. It was constructed entirely WITHOUT the use of nails.
Fish food also worked great with the birds. Kenadee was also feeding the birds but I wasn't able to get a picture of her feeding the birds because I was down the path trying to keep Jake from falling into the stream with all the fish.
All three trying to feed the birds, and I only say trying because every time that they would get close Jake (surprise, surprise) would scare them away.
She had like five eating out of her hand. She would run out of food and they would back away and she would pour some more into her hand and the birds would come right back. Highlight of the day for these two girls of mine!
The bridge and Bailee coming out of the Temple.
Curtis didn't really want to pose with the statue but I am not huge on taking pictures without somebody that I know if it. So I made him-he he
On our way out there was this little statue sitting off the side of the path with money in it, so me and Mary told the kids that people were making wishes and leaving the money there. Well all we had was a nickel so we told them that it was worth 5 wishes so that each of them could make one wish and then put the money on the statue. It seemed to work, because they went for it. Here they are trying to decide what wish to wish for.
Leaving the money on the statue.
Here is some of our swap meet find. Shirts I found it kind of funny that they all woke up in one of there new shirts and every single one of them picked a yellow shirt. I personally probally wouldn't have picked these shirts out for them, but they were with me and picked out their own shirts. Also the toy that they have that I had to bribe them with to be could, so at the end they all did really well they could pick something that I would buy for them. The girls chose a battery powered dog and the boys (again not what I would have chosen) very loud toy guns. Which is good on one aspect they run around the yard trying to get each other. Outside+running=two very tired boys at the end of the day.
Jake dog sitting for the girls. They (the dogs) move and so Jake was havin a hard time keeping them both on the little table and not walking off the edge. So he has them by there heads!
Well that is all for now-enjoy the next week and we will see where our adventures take us this next week. We love and miss all of you! Especially the kids friends (and cousins) Talk to you all soon!!
LOVE YA!!!!

5 comments:

Erin Webster said...

We miss you, you little Hawaiians! But it looks like you are having a great time! Tell Curtis a late happy birthday for us!

Dave & Kelly Webster said...

I love seeing the kids snorkeling and playing outside all the time! I am glad that you are taking so many pictures so that we can experience this adventure with you all! I WANT TO COME!!!

karenw said...

I am so thankful for this blog! It's so nice to be able to keep up with the Wights and their tropical adventures. It looks so awesome over there. I am so glad that these little natives are having this amazing, unique experience. We love you all an;d miss you. Looks like a ball! Love Frank and Karen

Shelby said...

I had no idea you were living there for a bit---I actually lived on Kam highway too. Just down from the PCC on temple beach. If you drive that way look for the blue house with a dolphin on it-thats where I lived. It was wonderful. I know so many great local things to do! Email me shelbywebster@gmail.com if you want and I will send you some fun ideas. By the way I literally almost died at pounders and a friend of mine had to go to the ER for stiches after a day there--I'm sure you understand why! Have so much fun!!

About Us. said...

Ok Amy, it's time to see some pictures of you!!! You'll be really sad one day when you look back and your kids ask you why you were not in the pictures. You are so stinkin cute you need to show us some pics of you too!